The Practice has had an active Patient Participation Group (PPG) for many years. See below, what the PPG is and how it benefits Patients and the Practice by working together to improve our services. If you are interested in joining, then please contact reception and ask to speak to the Patient Services Supervisor.
WHAT IS A PPG?
• Patients working with us to contribute to the continuous improvement of services
• Improve communication between the practice and patients
• Help patients take more responsibility for their health
• Provide practical support and help to implement change
PATIENT PARTICIPATION IS NOT:
• A forum for complaints
• A doctors fan club
• A time-consuming activity for all
THE NHS PLAN
PPG's will be able to:
• Offer feedback on patient perspective
• Help the practice make the most effective use of its resources
• Improve communication
• Help promote good health
• Influence decisions about proposed new services and their development
• Direct links between the surgery and patients
• Opportunity for patients to speak with the group members
• Being representative!