The Leicestershire Podiatry Service aims to keep the population mobile, help users keep their independence and maintain their quality of life by providing an expert and complete range of foot and lower limb care, for those with a clinical need.
They deliver the service from various sites across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, strategically placed to provide care where it is most needed, bringing care closer to home.
They treat a range of foot conditions where there is a medical need, including:
- Those with a foot problem and a medical condition that could lead to foot ulceration or amputation
- Painful toenails (You will be managed and then discharged once your treatment is completed)
- Diabetic patients with a foot problem
- Open wounds below the ankle for 4 weeks or longer
- Children with foot pain
- Sudden red, hot, swollen foot with or without an open wound
- Assessment and treatment of Musculoskeletal problems associated with walking or running.
To self refer to the service you can complete the online referral form here or print a paper copy of the form here and once completed post it to the address on the top of the form.